MIX 2017: REVOLUTIONS, REGENERATIONS, REFLECTIONS
BATH SPA UNIVERSITY, NEWTON PARK CAMPUS. 10-12 JULY 2017
The themes for this year’s conference are revolutions, regenerations, reflections. We would like to encourage artists/poets and digital writers to submit poetry films/ film poems/video poetry to be screened during MIX in our Viewing Theatre at Newton Park campus. Poetry films/ film poems/ video poetry is an emerging genre that fuses the use of spoken-word poetry, visual images, and sound to create a stronger representation and interpretation of the meaning being conveyed.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILMS
Short films should be submitted via email using a direct link to Youtube, Vimeo or an open link to Dropbox or WeTransfer. The email subject line should read ‘Your Name; Poetry Film Submission’ and the body of the email should include a 50-word description of the film.
Maximum 2 submissions per artist, these can be sent in the same email. This email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 1st March.
The films will be selected and curated by Lucy English, Reader in Creative Writing at Bath Spa University, and Zata Banks (founder of PoetryFilm research art project https://poetryfilm.org)
VIEWING THEATRE TECH SPECS
4K HD projector and 5.1 surround sound
● Poetry films/ film poems/ video poetry up to 3 minutes.
● Submitted via email using a direct link to Youtube, Vimeo or an open link to Dropbox or WeTransfer.
● Email subject: ‘Your Name; Poetry Film Submission’; and the body of the email should include a 50-word description of the film.
● No more than 2 submissions per artist, these can be sent in the same email.
● Films must relate in some way to the conference’s themes: Revolutions, Regenerations and Reflections.
● English language or with English language subtitles.
● Deadline: Wednesday 1st March 2017.
Leave a Reply